MAPUA ’63 CHE-CHEM 2013
PALAWAN REUNION TRIP
JANUARY 21-25, 2013
JANUARY 21, 2013 – MONDAY
3:00 PM - MAPUA Intramuros Visit
7:00 PM - Dinner with Gov. Carlito Marquez at Merville, Paranaque
( Jess Sardua responsibility)
· You have to be in Manila January 21, 2013 or earlier. You can book direct to any Hotel you want or
we can book you at Prince Plaza II in Makati P 3,500 / night with free breakfast.
· Our jump off point will be in Makati preferably at Prince Plaza Hotel 2:00 P.M. Jan 21, to arrive at
MAPUA Intramuros at 3:00 P.M. We will provide Van or Coaster.
JANUARY 22, 2013 – TUESDAY (1st DAY)
PHILIPPINE AIRLINE FLIGHT: PR 195 – NAIA TERMINAL 2
Departure : 0800 Hours
Arrival : 0920 Hours
· We should be at the Airport 6:30 A.M. sharp. We can check in individually or by group. SWIRE TRAVEL
will block the 47 seats for us. Another option is we can arrange to pick you up at Prince Plaza Hotel
at 5:45 A.M. to arrive at airport 6:30 A.M. SWIRE TRAVEL will provide the transportation.
9:20 AM - Arrived at Puerto Princesa
10:00 AM - Check-In Hotel Centro
(Leave our baggage if room not available yet.
Check-in time 12:00 NN)
11:00 AM - Lunch at Ka Lui Restaurant
1-1:30 PM - Pick up for City Tour
Ø Iwahig Prison and penal Farm
Ø Crocodile Farm (closed every Sunday Morning)
Ø Mitra’s Ranch
Ø Baker’s Hill (closed every Monday)
Ø Binuatan Creation – are known in making handloom woven
Products using Palawan’s indigenous fibers.
Ø Running tour @ the ff. Destination
City Tourism Office
Puerto Princesa City Coliseum
Puerto Princesa Baywalk
Immaculate Conception Cathedral
Ø Souvenir shop (tiangge tiangge)
5:00 PM - Back to Hotel
7:00 PM - Firefly Watching w/ DINNER
9:00 PM - Back to Hotel
(You can do your SPA, MASSAGE etc.)
JANUARY 23, 2013 – WEDNESDAY (2ND DAY) – (TIME OF PERMIT 11:30 AM)
6:00-7:00 AM - Free Breakfast at Hotel Centro
7:30 AM - Pick up Time
9:30 AM - Arrival at Sabang Wharf
10:30 AM - Boat Ride going to Underground River Park
11:30 AM - Cave Exploration
11:45 AM - Back to Sabang Wharf
12:00 NN - Buffet Lunch
2:00 PM - Depart at Sabang
4:30 PM - Back to Hotel
6:30 PM - Dinner at Kinabuch Bar & Grill
*Note: Schedule for Underground River Tour depends on your permit.
Note: Cancellation may happen due to bad weather condition.
Alternative tours would be Sabang Zipline (Swimming and Zipline) and Palawan Eco Adventure.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
· Be sure to have your permit and your identification card
· Wear shoes or sandals and prepare for your feet to get wet
· Bring your binoculars if you want to see more rare species of birds
· Do not use plastic bag for your belongings as this attracts the monkeys, thinking that you have
brought them some goodies. Try a waterproof bag.
· Expect to encounter free-roaming monkeys and monitor lizards. They have grown accustomed
to tourist and some have grown friendly.
· Bring extra plastic for your trash and do not leave waste behind.
· Look out for locals selling our local delicacy, “tamilok” or woodworm.
JANUARY 24, 2013 – THURSDAY (3RD DAY)
6:00-6:45 AM - Free Breakfast at Hotel Centro
7:00 AM - Pick up Time
9:15 AM - Arrival at Honda Bay Wharf
9:30 AM - Honda Bay Island Hopping
Ø Lunch @ Pandan Island
(You may go for swimming, snorkelling & fish feeding)
1:00 PM - Starfish Island
2:00 PM - Pambato Reef
3:00 PM - Back to Honda Bay Wharf
3:30 PM - Back to Hotel
7:00 PM - Buffet Dinner @ Verde Garden (Hotel Centro)
Ø With Acoustic Band
WHAT TO EXPECT:
· Expect to get wet on your trip to Honda Bay, wear shorts, t-shirts and sandals.
· Bring some bread. Look forward to feeding fishes in the different islands of Puerto Princesa.
· Don’t forget to bring your sunblock lotion and insect repellent.
· Bring extra cash if you want to buy from locals selling crabs and lobsters at Pandan island.
JANUARY 25, 2013 – FRIDAY (4TH DAY)
6:30-9:00 AM - Free Breakfast at Hotel Centro
11:30 AM - Lunch at Badjao Seafront
1:00 PM - Visit Pasalubong Mall
4:00 PM - Back to Hotel to Pick up our Personal Belonging
4:30 PM - To Puerto Princesa Airport
PHILIPPINE AIRLINE FLIGHT: PR 198
Departure : 1750 Hours
Arrival : 1905 Hours
SOURCE: FRED TABITA